Ninantic Inc. blasted the scene with Pokémon Go in 2016. Suddenly everything around was about this new game that makes people find Pokémon in real locations. If you did try it in the last four years then you will be more than excited to play it now. It is one of the hardest Pokémon games plus it has introduced some major features and one of them is “Pokémon Go Nicknames“. Over 500 of them can be renamed, and if you haven’t tried that, then this article is for you.
You might be thinking why are Pokémon Go Nicknames so important suddenly? It’s because changing nicknames can lead your Pokémon to evolve into another one. This trick was not known to many people before. But as it is now a known practice in the scene, you should also try on some unique Pokémon Go nicknames for a better gaming experience.
The best Pokémon Go nicknames differ for different Pokémon characters. For Eevee to evolve into Jolteon, Vapeoreon, and Flareon, you have all the different names. Their nicknames will lead them to become a particular Pokémon.
Let’s read all about the Best Pokémon Go Nicknames and How to Choose a Pokémon Go Nickname for a Trainer.
The Best Pokémon Go Nicknames
You can take inspiration from these names and experiment with your Pokémon as much as you can. If you are renaming your Pokémon Go Trainer name, then know in advance that your name will not be changed after it. But your Pokémon’s name can be changed an infinite number of times.
Eevee Pokémon Go Nicknames
If you are new to the whole Pokémon Go scene, then there are chances that you don’t know much about Eevee. It’s a different Pokémon. Eevee is a little, fennec fox-like creature of Normal-type. If you are using the original games in Japan (Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green), then you are gifted with Eevee in the Celadon City.
Now there are three Pokémons Eevee can evolve into-
- Jolteon- The Electric One
- Vaporeon- The Water One
- Flareon- The Fire One
To evolve your Eevee into any of these Pokémon, you would have to purchase various stones. But you don’t need to buy anything. Various Pokémon Go trainers have learned over time that nicknames can help you in evolving your Eevee. But what would you use as the Pokémon go nicknames of Eevee? Worry not! We have explained everything below.
- From Eevee to Jolteon
If you wish to evolve Eevee to a Jolteon, you should name your Eevee Sparky.
- From Eevee to Vaporeon
If you wish to evolve Eevee to a Vaporeon, you should name your Eevee Rainer.
- From Eevee to Flareon
If you wish to evolve Eevee to a Flareon, you should name your Eevee Pyro.
All these names are inspired by the same types of Eevee brothers in the Pokémon Anime. They appeared in Episode 40 of Pokémon Anime.
But these are not the only evolutions of Eevee. You can evolve this Pokémon into two more Pokémon, which are Espeon and Umbreon. Here are their Pokémon Go nicknames-
- From Eevee to Espeon
If you wish to evolve Eevee to an Espeon, you should name your Eevee Sakura.
- From Eevee to Umbreon
If you wish to evolve Eevee to an Umbreon, you should name your Eevee Tamao.
Don’t forget, as your Eevee is evolved into another Pokémon you can change its nickname. Then there’s no need to keep their Pokémon Go nicknames like Tamao or Sparky.
You can also evolve your Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon, but it is a little complicated than the other ones. Although, some trainers believe that changing the Pokémon Go nicknames of your Eevee can lead to aces Glaceon and Leafeon. Here are the Pokémon Go nicknames you should use-
- From Eevee to Leafeon
If you wish to evolve Eevee to a Leafeon, you should name your Eevee Linnea.
- From Eevee to Glaceon
If you wish to evolve Eevee to a Glaceon, you should name your Eevee Rea.
That was all Eevee evolution Pokémon Go Nicknames that exist. You can use any of them to evolve your Eevee into a Pokémon that you like.
Best Pokémon Go Nicknames
Your Pokémon Go nickname can be changed an infinite number of times. To do so follow these steps-
- Tap on the Pokémon to want to nickname.
- Click on the pencil or edit icon next to the Pokémon’s current name.
- Type the name and tap the OK button.
Your Pokémon Go nickname is changed.
Let’s have a look at the best Pokémon Go nicknames that are quirky and funny.
- Abra — Criss Angel or Teller
- Alakazam — Harry Houdini or Shaq-Fu
- Charmander – Charring Inferno
- Chikorita — Cucumber or Pickle
- Clefairy – Clip Art
- Cyndaquil — Mike
- Diglett — Mole Man
- Dugtrio — Mole Men
- Ekans – Ekanescence
- Exeggcute — Scrambled Eggs or OmeletteDuFromage
- Exeggutor – Tree Stooges
- Fearow – Guy Fearowi
- Gastly – Rick Gastly
- Jynx – Nicki Minaj
- Hoothoot — HowManyLicks?
- Houndoom— K9
Funniest Pokémon Go Nicknames
- Kadabra — David Blaine or Penn
- Kakuna – Kakuna-Matata
- Koffing — ThankU4Smoking
- Krabby – Mr Krabs
- Magikarp – God or Mario Karp
- Magneton – Freeloader
- Meowth – Capitalism
- Pidgey — Central Park
- Pinsir – Senor Snips or Australia
- Politoed — Frogger
- Ponyta – MyLilPonyta
- Porygon – Windows 95 or StarFox
- Porygon2 — PS2 or StarFox64
- Psyduck – Odd Duck
- Raticate – Nasty Gerbil
- Sandshrew – Brick Rat
- Seel — KissFromARose
- Snorlax – Mama June or HoldTheDoor
- Spearow – Jack Spearow
- Staryu — NewSheriff
- Sudowoodo — Rocktree
- Tangela – Headphones
- Tentacool – Anime
- Togepi — Wunderkin
- Typhlosion — Big Bear
- Vaporeon – Baeporeon
- Venonat – Allergy Ball
- Voltorb — ItsATrap!
- Vulpix — MansBestFriend
- Weepinbell — Philly or Liberty Bell
- Weezing — Lil Weezy
Cute Pokémon Go Names
- Thumper – for any bunny Pokemon like Scorbunny & Buneary
- KingTut – for Cofagrigus
- Dumbo – for Phanpy, Donphan and Copperajah
- Pooch or Pup – for any dog-like Pokemon
- Noodles – for Tangela & Tangrowth or even Octillery
- Whiskers – for any cat-like Pokemon or whiscash, raticate or dedenne
- McNugget – for Torchic, Combusken & Blaziken
- Tiny or Teeny – for any little Pokemon like Joltik
- Piglet – for Tepig, Emboar or any pig Pokemon
- Toof or Tooth – for any Pokemon with big teeth
- Aspirin – for Psyduck
- Michelangelo – for turtle Pokemon like Squirtle, Blastoise, & Chewtle
- Kermet – for frog Pokemon like Poliwag, Politoad & Greninja
- Sonic – for hedgehog pokemon like Shaymin or Togedemaru
- Boo-Loon – for Drifloon & Drifblim
- Garfield – for any cat-like Pokemon
- Lumiere – for Litwick and Chandelure
- Baloo – for any bear Pokemon like Ursaring, Bewear & Beartic
- Trike – for Dodrio, Magneton & Hydreigon
- Boyfriend & Girlfriend – for the Nidoking and Nidoqueen lines
- FreeWilly – for Wailmer, Wailord and Kyogre
- Bambi – for any deer Pokemon like Sawsbuck, Stantler or Xerneas
- CookieMonster – for fat Pokemon like Snorlax, Sickilicky & Hariyama
- Patrick – for Staryu and Starmie
- Goldilocks – for Klefki
- Splash – for Magikarp
- Pegasus – for Ponyta and Rapidash
- Simba, Nala, Mufasa, Skar or Pride – for Litleo, Pyroar, Entei, Solgaleo, Luxray, Growlithe
- Arthur – for Drowzee or Hypno
- Loaf – for lazy pokemon like Snorlax or Slaking
- Pixel – for the Porygons
- Teddy – for any bear Pokemon like Teddiursa, Pancham and Cubchoo
- Chomper – for any Pokemon with big teeth
Best Pokémon Go Trainer Names
Before changing your Pokémon Go Trainer name, know that you can only do so once. If you really want to change it, like everyone is doing nowadays, then you can follow these steps to create a unique and best Pokémon Go Trainer name.
- Use the Ideal Pokémon Names with a Twist.
- Make a deliberate spelling mistake, like writing The as Teh or Jojo as Jojoh.
- Use online Pokémon Go Trainer Name Generators.
- Think of Creative Words.
- Use Numbers.
- Add special characters at the end like Exclamation marks and hash symbol.
Cool Pokémon Go Nicknames
- Messy Mew
- Dangerous Muk
- Mankey Warrior
- Mr. Ditto
- Miss Kitty
- Corrupted Heart
- Zombie Jynx
- Charged Terrorist
- I’m Not Human
- Eat You Alive
- Your Mad Dad
- Persian Pearl
- Electro Exeggcute
- Horrible One
- Pretty Pikachu
- Kakuna Rattata
- Jack Fearow
- Just 2 Dudes
- Lord Of Fraud
Pokémon was everyone’s favorite anime in childhood, but some of us never really grew up that way. I still love Pikachu. When Pokémon Go was launched it reminded everyone of their childhood days.
Hope you play it and learn to change your Pokémon Go nicknames. Comment below your favorite “Pokémon Go Nicknames” from this list.
You can also share this article with your friends to suggest them some cool and funny nicknames for their Pokémons.